Monday, August 19, 2019

Day 7 IDAHO


After repairing 3 tire tubes, the guys started with a hopeful gleam in their eyes.



Quick drive from Ontario, OR to Boise, ID.  The guys, however, did at least twice the distance.  The ride was thankfully uneventful.  All tires and tubes are intact.  Tomorrow will be a much needed rest day.

Linda and I visited the historic Hyde Park district of Boise. 









We also took a walk along the Boise River Greenbelt.  There were a lot of kids tubing down the river.  A few were swimming or wading.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I am Jesse & Carol's neighbor. I grew up in Portland and my mother is from Astoria. So I am familiar with the route you traveled in Oregon. I loved seeing the photos and reading about your experiences. I look forward to reading more about your travels across America. Wishing you all health and success, Lynn E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn, We’ve never met or met a loooong time ago but I know you from Carol. OMG Oregon was just amazing. Lucky girl to have lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a nice place to visit. Must make a mental note of it. Thanks, travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must make another comment here. At first I didn't pay much attention to the maps.

    But after looking at today's journey you guys are doing some serious biking! These treks you're taking every day are like Tour de France treks! Go Boys! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And our boys don't have a team with fresh bikes trailing after them. Every puncture counts.

      Delete