Wednesday, August 28, 2019

YELLOWSTONE!!!!!



Today was a "rest day".  It was chock-a-block full.  My brother, Scott, chided me for falling behind on my blog entries yesterday.  I don’t blame him.  I’d be dying to see pictures of Yellowstone too.  But he caught me as we were having a very late dinner in one of the Teton lodges after a full day (started at 6AM and home at 11PM) at Yellowstone.  We were happy but exhausted and nothing was going on the blog yesterday.  I’ll get this started today but it may take a few days of tweeking before it’s complete.

Yellowstone is AMAAAAAAZING!
I have to start with the wildlife.  Even though we didn’t have most of our wildlife sightings until dusk, they were the highlight of our day.  We have been promised wildlife since we started out in OR and have been sorely disappointed.  Yesterday we hit pay dirt: an Osprey, Bison, a very elusive Moose, Elk, Deer. 







Sorry no pic of the moose.  Pat says it’s going to be our fish story; no one will believe us because we have no pic.  We don’t have a pic of the deer either; it was crossing the road well after dark as we drove back to Jackson.

Our trip through Yellowstone was enhanced by listening to an app "Gypsy Guide to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons".  It was like having a private tour guide riding along with us.

OK, next has to be the geothermals at Yellowstone.
 Of course, I have to start with Old Faithful.



Old Faithful erupted a few minutes earlier than was estimated.

There were many, many more geothermals.  In one day we saw but a fraction.  You really need a week to do Yellowstone well. 



1 comment:

  1. Gil asked me to tell you that Yellowstone is his favorite national park. I prefer Yosemite. Yellowstone requires too much driving!

    ReplyDelete