Sunday, September 1, 2019

Day 20 Lusk, WY to Hot Springs, SD


This is going to be a demanding ride.  The winds have shifted.  The guys are going to have a head wind for the last half of the trip.  They're dogged.  They did it.

Proof  of Lunch

Entered South Dakota today and our first sight of the Black Hills. Wildlife count:  Boys = 4 (prairie dogs, prong horn sheep, antelope, deer).  Girls = 0

Idaho, Wyoming and SD are very buggy.  Our windshield is a massacre site and my legs are covered with bites.  When we went by a swimming hole yesterday we were warned about rattle snakes and poison ivy.   Needless to say, we stayed on the path.  I went for my walk later and cut across a "lawn" and suddenly remembered the rattlesnake warning.  lol.  I did kick up more bugs and get more bug bites but no rattlesnakes.  Everyone who passed me during my walk waved to me.


Visited a dig in Hot Springs where they have uncovered 50+ mammoth skeletons.




No comments:

Post a Comment